OUR PATIENT'S CHARTER
St.Mary's Medical Centre is committed
to providing you and your family with quality health care.
- You will be treated in a friendly and courteous manner by all our staff.
- You can expect confidentiality of your records to be maintained at all times.
- The doctors aim to see patients within 30 minutes of their scheduled appointment. You will be informed of
- We want to keep you healthy and offer free health promotion services.
- We will provide training to all our staff to improve our services to you.
PATIENTS HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES TOO...
- Keep your appointment. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Do make more than one appointment if more than one patient needs to be seen, when you come into the
surgery. Please note that ONE appointment ONE problem. If you have more than one problem please make a double appointment.
- Please remember that a prescription is not always necessary with every consultation.
- Please request out of hours home visits for EMERGENCIES ONLY and routine home visits for those that
are TOO ILL to come to the surgery.
- Please be patient with the receptionists. They are doing their best and are only following the doctors
- Look after your own health. Exercise regularly and watch your diet. Ask the doctors or practice nurse for
- If you wish to see the doctor for longer than one appointment allocation please book a double appointment. This will help the doctor to keep to the scheduled appointment time.
The practice team at St Mary’s are here to assist you in any way they can. Sometimes the Reception area can be extremely busy and it may be difficult to preserve your confidentiality. Please let the Receptionist know if there is a matter you wish to discuss in a more private setting.We provide a confidential service for everyone.
We ask you for information so that you can receive proper care and
treatment and keep this information, together with details of your care, because it may be needed if we see you
again. This information is accessible to members of our healthcare team - clinicians and administrative staff -
together with attached healthcare professionals such as midwives, health visitors etc.
Please ensure your details are correct and any changes are given to the practice as soon as you are aware of them.
Periodically the PCT is required to carry out random checks on
patients’ medical records to verify that correct payments have been made for services provided by your doctor.
The staff carrying out these checks are senior managers with long experience in the National Health Service and
are bound by the NHS code of confidentiality. Patient consent is always obtained prior to the practice consenting
to a patient’s record being accessed.
Patients are able to access their medical records. All requests must be made in writing to the practice manager and the practice will make a reasonable charge for this service.
RESPECT AND DIGNITY
St Mary’s Medical Centre has a ‘zero tolerance’
policy. We wish to provide healthcare services in an environment which promotes the recovery, wellbeing and safety
of patients, visitors and staff. If anyone on the premises behaves in a threatening, aggressive or intimidating
manner towards a member of staff, a patient or visitor, he or she will be asked to leave. Should any patient behave
in an aggressive and/or threatening manner involving the police they will be removed from the practice register
with immediate effect.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme. A Publication Scheme is a guide to the 'classes' of information the practice intends to routinely make available
This scheme is available from reception.
COMPLAINTS, COMMENTS OR CONCERNS
We try at all times to offer you
a good quality service. We are always interested to hear your suggestions and
ideas and there is a suggestion box for your ideas at reception.
If you do have a complaint, however,
please contact our practice manager who will try to help resolve your problem.
We are a recognised accredited practice for dealing with complaints in-house,
and at all times try to resolve matters swiftly and efficiently.