At St Mary's Medical Centre we are here to help and will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve. We also expect to be treated in the same way.
Our staff and patients have a right to be in an environment that:
- Is free from discrimination of any kind
- Does not tolerate verbal or physical abuse
- Respects individuals regardless of their identity, background or beliefs
- You will be treated in a friendly and courteous manner by all our staff.
- You can expect confidentiality of your records to be maintained at all times.
- The doctors aim to see patients within 30 minutes of their scheduled appointment. You will be informed of any delays.
- We want to keep you healthy and offer free health promotion services.
- We will provide training to all our staff to improve our services to you.
PATIENT ADVICE AND LIAISON SERVICE (PALS ) MEDWAY
The PALS team can:
- listen to concerns, queries or suggestions
- help to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- provide information on services within the hospital and the local NHS
- find information about voluntary organisations and support groups
- give advice and assistance in making a formal complaint, if one is necessary
- feedback issues, suggestions, compliments and concerns to the relevant staff within the hospital, so that improvements can be made to services for all patients.
You can contact the PALS team between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, by telephone on 01634 825004 or 01634 830000 x5793 or by email at Pals@medway.nhs.uk or in person on level 2 in the main entrance area of the hospital.